PSG ‘no longer welcome’ at Parc des Princes says club president – Sport – The Guardian Nigeria News – Nigeria and World News

Nasser Al-Khelaifi, the president of Qatari-owned Paris Saint-Germain, claimed in an interview published on Tuesday the club may be looking for a new home after feeling unwelcome at the Parc des Princes.

Al-Khelaifi told Spanish sports newspaper Marca that PSG are “under pressure” from the Paris municipality to leave the stadium, which has been their home since 1974, and the club is looking for “other alternatives”, without specifying which alternatives it be.

“We are no longer welcome at the Parc des Princes,” said Al-Khelaifi, who told TALKSPORT last week that the French giants are considering selling stakes in the club.

“They are urging us to leave. They play with us and we are tired.

“I love the Parc des Princes, it is our story and I respect it immensely. Staying has always been our preference. But I don’t think they want us.

“We invested 80 million euros ($83 million) in the stadium. But it’s not ours. Who would agree to do something like that?”

Last week, Al-Khelaifi complained in the press about City Hall’s refusal to sell the 48,000-seat stadium to QSI (Qatar Sports Investments), the club’s owners.

Paris city officials said PSG had a 30-year lease but were now trying to pressure the city to sell the property.

“They (PSG) say: ‘We will invest 500 or 600 million (euros) in works, only if we own them,'” the municipality’s urban development chief, Emmanuel Gregoire, said last week.

“It is not…

Read More: PSG ‘no longer welcome’ at Parc des Princes says club president – Sport – The Guardian Nigeria News – Nigeria and World News

Leave a Comment